|Press CTRL+P to print this page||Close Window|
|Email this page to a friend|
Employment & Training Coordinator - Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
Human Resources Generalist
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Employment and Training Coordinator Position Summary
Oversees, coordinates, and tracks all Zoo Administration training programs and, where appropriate, provides training. Under direction of the Director of Administration, assists in implementing and managing systems and procedures covering employment practices, staffing, training, rewards, employee relations, and safety programs. Ensures that HR systems and programs, recordkeeping, and reporting procedures are practiced in compliance with regulatory and Zoo requirements and principles.
Essential Functions (Including, but not limited to):
· Oversees, coordinates, and tracks all Zoo Administration training programs and, where appropriate, provides training. Maintains awareness of current trends and practices in training and development and assists in developing and implementing new programs to enhance individual and organizational performance. Maintains records of training activities and employee progress and monitors effectiveness of programs.
· Under direction of the Director of Administration, plays an integral role in the Zoo’s safety program including: providing initial safety training for new hires; tracking, monitoring, coordinating, and assisting with development of department-specific and equipment specific safety training; proactively suggesting new safety training opportunities; and participating in review of accidents to identify areas of improvement or training gaps.
· Monitors, screens, and processes all employment paperwork such as new hire, termination, FMLA, 90-day and annual evaluations, and policy violation paperwork. Responsible for initial review of all employment paperwork to ensure completeness, accuracy, consistency, and compliance. Notifies managers of actions in each category. Logs and maintains historical data in each category.
· Advises managers and supervisors on the most appropriate ways to resolve conflicts, accomplish dispute resolutions, and assists with determination of other HR related issues while remaining in compliance with employment law and Zoo policy.
· Responsible for a wide variety of employee relations including general counseling, dispute resolution, investigations, and advising disciplinary action. Plays an integral part in maintaining an atmosphere of open communication by being available to employees who have questions, concerns, or comments.
· Monitors employment-related legal and regulatory updates and recommends revisions or enhancements to current policies and procedures of the Zoo Manages pre-employment and as-required screenings including conducting criminal background and drug screenings, motor vehicle, TB testing, physicals, credential screenings, and personality profiles.
· Oversees process flow of incoming employment application and resumes, maintains applicant tracking, and distributes applications to appropriate departments.
· Recommends, develops, and maintains existing organizational employee recognition programs and incentives.
Roles and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
· Develops, interprets, and monitors Human Resources policies, programs, and services. Ensures those activities reflect the Zoo’s values, support the strategic plan, and contribute to the Zoo’s mission and objectives.
· Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
· Ensures timely ordering of office supplies, mail processes, and other administrative duties.
· Creates and places employment ads and online postings for open positions. Maintains open position listings.
· Prepares training materials and manuals as required.
· Assists with HR-related studies, EEO-1 reporting, and other annual projects as needed.
· Responsible for the proper disposal of HR documents at their expiration.
· Under the direction of the Director of Administration, creates and updates HR forms, policies, and procedures.
· Handles all logistical details of Employee Update meetings.
· Develops and issues communications to staff and other relevant groups to ensure the receipt of accurate and up-to-date information about the Zoo. Produces and distributes monthly employee newsletter.
· Monitors supply of HR-related forms, handbooks, and packets.
· Acts as back-up to Payroll Coordinator.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Two years of college or vocational/technical school required. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
· Minimum of three to five years Human Resources experience.
· PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Must be able to maintain discretion with confidential information.
· Must exhibit excellent organizational skills.
· Must be self motivated and goal-oriented.
· Capacity to anticipate: ability to think ahead and plan over multi-year time span.
· Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Must be able to think logically and solve problems with minimal guidance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
· High performance team member and a strong team player.
· Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude with the public.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and be able to adapt well to various other computer programs.
· Ability to use radio, telephone, and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing computer work.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo