***NO MEETING TOMORROW NIGHT...LEADERSHIP PLANNING EVENT ONLY***
Its hard to believe that the month of June has snuck upon us as we now move into the summer months in Florida!!
We continue to be excited about the exposure this Committee has brought about in the Tampa Bay area and it is because of you that we can continue our efforts in the days ahead.
1. I'm happy to report that the Florida Diversity Council has released the article concerning our involvement at Avon Park with the 841st Engineering Battalion in partnership with HRFlorida and ESGR. Take a look if you have a few minutes...http://www.floridadi
2. I would like to express my personal thanks and appreciation to Judge Greg Holder for assisting us in securing MacDill Air Force Bases Color Guard for the May HR Tampa breakfast. AMAZING to say the least with close to 10 veterans in attendance (that I am aware of), who's breakfast was sponsored by HR Tampa. The event that will be etched in my mind for quite some time.
3. We are in the process of working toward a special diversity event in late 2016 and your feedback and interest would be most appreciated. If you have a specific topic in mind related to diversity and inclusion, WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
4. We continue to see an increase in resumes sent to us from the veteran community and ARE ACTIVELY SEEKING HR professionals who would like to have their name, contact information and a brief bio, placed on HR Tampa's website so we can begin to direct interested veterans to reach out to respected professionals with their questions. If you are interested in helping, let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. SAVE THE DATE: MacDill AFB Shadow Day (Saturday/). Details to come.
6. HR Tampa Conference & Expo - Once again, this tremendous event will be held at USFs Marshall Student Center onand promises to bring with it sponsors, speakers and over 500 attendees...YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT. For details, see
We trust you had an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend as it was a time of reflection and reminder of how grateful we are to be living is this great country.