PHR/SPHR Preparation Course – HRCI Certification for the Fall 2016 Window
Are you certified? Becoming certified adds a professional distinction that sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills. Professional credentialing recognizes your expertise and leadership in the HR field. It also identifies you as an asset to your organization. Certification in the HR discipline demonstrates competence, experience, credibility and dedication to our chosen career in Human Resources. The experience and knowledge represented by a certification keeps you and your organization more competitive in today's business.
HR Tampa is excited to announce the Fall schedule for the 2016 HRCI - PHR/SPHR Preparation Course.
LOCATION – We are super excited to announce that this Fall we have a new location partner for the certification program; Crisis Center OF Tampa Bay. We look forward to this new partnership and learning about their services and involvement with the Tampa Bay community.
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
One Crisis Center Plaza
Tampa, Florida 33613
Thank you Crisis Center!!!!
COURSE SCHEDULE & FACILITATOR ASSIGNMENT
Mod 1. Strategic Management = Thursday, 9/15 – 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
Mod 2. Workforce Planning = Thursday, 9/22 – 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
Mod 3. Human Resources Development = Thursday, 9/29 – 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
Mod 4. Compensation/Benefits = Thursday, 10/13 – 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
Mod 5. Employee and Labor Relations = Thursday, 10/20 – 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
Mod 6. Risk Management = Thursday, 10/27 – 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
REVIEW SESSION SCHEDULE
Review Session = Saturday, 10/08 – 8AM to 12:00.
Review Session = Saturday, 10/29 – 8AM to 12:00.
REGISTRATION COST SCHEDULE:
Thursday sessions only
· Registration materials not included:
o HR Tampa Regular & Premium membership – $50.
o Non HR Tampa members - $125.
§ You may qualify for a one year basic level membership with HR Tampa.
§ If you are a SHRM member and you want to become an HR Tampa member, please contact our membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ Once you join our chapter, you will designate HR Tampa as your local SHRM chapter. Use the chapter code: 0074.
Both Saturday review sessions only:
· Registration materials not included:
o HR Tampa Regular & Premium membership – $75
o Non HR Tampa members - $150
We recommend that you:
· Borrow or buy a SHRM Learning System from peer, friend, or online.
· Locate another option. See this site for HRCI material ideas:
Deadline and Payment
NOTE - Registration cost does not include exam fee or materials.
Registration deadline for the Fall Certification Class is Friday, September 9.
To register for the courses click here for the Thursday Study sessions and here for the Saturday Review sessions.
All payments must be made through HR Tampa.
The Tampa Bay area’s premier SHRM chapter, HR Tampa, provides opportunities to be involved and take advantage of many services/programs including:
- Regular monthly breakfast and dinner meetings featuring expert speakers on current pertinent human resource topics (most meetings qualify for HRCI credits).
- Keep current with HR developments, trends, position website.
- Networking with over 650 local HR Tampa members.
- Monthly electronic newsletter featuring legislative updates, local HR news and events.
- Joint diversity meeting with the Pinellas chapter providing further professional development and networking opportunities.
- Association with professional HR industry focused vendors.
- Assistance in HR internship programs and finding candidates.
- Professional mentor programs for college students.
- Access for your company to advertise open HR positions on our Job Board for free or at a discounted rate ($100 cost per posting for non-members).
- Volunteer opportunities in the community in your profession.
- Special Events, Conferences, and Expos to earn continuing education credits.
- Reduced rates to the annual Florida State Conference.