MEASURING CORPORATE CULTURE TO MAXIMIZE HIRING AND PERFORMANCE
Corporate culture is the secret sauce that organizations claim fuels success. Culture is often described as “how we do things around here,” but unfortunately is often measured with a “we know it when we see it” meter. HR is charged with managing it, hiring for it, and knowing when to exit someone who doesn’t fit it. Yet ambiguous and shifting cultural norms make managing corporate culture a challenge at every level in the organization. You need a way to accurately define your corporate culture so you can measure it.
Thank you for sponsoring this month.
JOIN HR TAMPA FOR THE NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION HR GAME NIGHT
Our new member orientation meeting is an excellent way to become familiar with HR Tampa and SHRM while having fun with other new members. This event will connect you with HR Tampa Board members and other HR professionals and colleagues. The new member orientation HR game night is free to new Premium and Basic members who joined HR Tampa in 2016 and 2017.
This event will be held on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at the Ogletree Deakins office located at 100 North Tampa Street, Suite 3600, from 6pm to 8pm. Complimentary appetizers and drinks will be provided.
New members must register on the HR Tampa events link at http://hrtampa.org/. For more information please contact our Membership Director at email@example.com.
DO YOU HAVE A GAP IN YOUR BENEFIT ELIGIBILITY PROCEDURES? ISSUES RAISED BY NON-FMLA REDUCED SCHEDULES AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
Authors: Tina M. Bengs, Ogletree Deakins
Submitted by: Bill Grob, HR Tampa Legislative Director, Ogletree Deakins
Most employers have procedures in place to ensure that an employee who takes leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), whether as a reduced schedule or an extended leave of absence, retains his or her eligibility under the employer-sponsored health plan. But many employers have gaps in their procedures when an employee’s reduced schedule or leave of absence occurs when the employee is not yet eligible for FMLA leave or after FMLA leave has been exhausted. Typically, the gap in procedures exists when the non-FMLA reduced schedule or extended leave arises from a work injury or as an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
(Read more here...)
PHR/SPHR PREPARATION COURSE – HRCI CERTIFICATION FOR THE SPRING 2017 WINDOW
4401 North Himes Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614
REVIEW SESSION SCHEDULE –
Review Session for Modules 1, 2 & 3 = Saturday, 04/15– 8 AM to 12:00.
Review Session for Modules 4, 5 & 6 = Saturday, 04/29– 8 AM to 12:00.
REGISTRATION COST SCHEDULE:
Both Saturday review sessions only:
· Registration materials not included:
o HR Tampa Regular & Premium membership – $75
o Non HR Tampa members - $150
To register for the Saturday review sessions: Saturday 4/15 AND 4/29
Click HERE for 5 Reasons Why You Should Attend & 5 Steps to Convince Your Boss - #HRFL17 is the Place to Be.
2017 HR TAMPA CONFERENCE AND EXPO
SAVE THE DATE: Friday, October 20, 2017
HR Tampa presents E3:
Equip > Energize > Elevate
Register Now! Register HERE!
The Tampa Bay area’s premier SHRM chapter, HR Tampa, provides opportunities to be involved and take advantage of many services/programs including:
- Regular monthly breakfast and dinner meetings featuring expert speakers on current pertinent human resource topics (most meetings qualify for HRCI credits).
- Keep current with HR developments, trends, position website.
- Networking with over 500 local HR Tampa members – Excellent platform for members in transition!!!
- Monthly electronic newsletter featuring legislative updates, local HR news and events.
- Association with professional HR industry focused vendors.
- Assistance in HR internship programs and finding candidates.
- Professional mentor programs for college students.
- Advertising opportunities - advertise open HR positions on our Job Board for FREE or at a discounted rate (Please see web page for non-members cost).
- Volunteer opportunities in the community in your profession.
- Special Events, Conferences, and Expos to earn continuing education credits.
We are excited about our 2017 event calendar and we have sponsorship opportunities available. If you know of anyone who might be interested in sponsoring a monthly meeting, networking event, participating in our Conference & Expo or advertising on our website or in this newsletter, please contact our Sponsorship Chairs, Doug Walters and Debby Erdahl, SHRM-CP, PHR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAY CONNECTED WITH HR TAMPA - UPCOMING EVENTS
HR TAMPA MEMBERS IN TRANSITION
HR Tampa is dedicated to help members get the most out of their membership. Here are some ways to jump start your next opportunity:
- Check out our job boards for the latest HR jobs available in this market
- Bring your resume and personal business cards to the monthly chapter meetings and NETWORK
- LinkedIn with other HR Tampa members
If you are in transition and haven’t renewed your membership with HR Tampa due to financial restrictions, HR Tampa provides prior-year active members who are unemployed at the time of the membership renewal, a one-time opportunity to rejoin as a Basic member for up to one year!
For complete details, click HERE